MIDI not working

coops

MIDI not working

Postby coops » 05 Oct 2013, 22:38

I just bought Pianist Pro on an iPad2, and cannot configure the MIDI properly. On the MIDI Control window, "MIDI IN" is fixed at "OFF"--tapping it does nothing. And "MIDI OUT" only allows "OFF", "OSC", and "DSMI". I can't get NETWORK or USB which I believe I need to get WiFi control of GarageBand working.

Please advise ASAP!
thanks

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Re: MIDI not working

Postby MooCowMusic » 06 Oct 2013, 00:14

If you are having trouble seeing the NETWORK option then you should reboot your iPad by holding the power button for a few seconds, swiping OFF and then turn it on again. Sometimes iOS seems to lose track of its Network MIDI connection and a reboot solves that.

For your usage, you should set OUT to Network, and IN to Off.

alina

Postby alina » 08 Jan 2015, 06:27

I think you need to get the "full" installation of PureData, because the error is saying that it can't find the (needed) "mrpeach" extensions.

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Postby MooCowMusic » 08 Jan 2015, 10:23

Yes, you need the "mrpeach" extensions of the full version to allow the script to run. Last time I looked (admittedly a couple of years ago) this was called "PD-extended", as I mention in the Pianist Pro manual.
However, since Apple introduced CoreMIDI to iOS, using PureData for MIDI is much more convoluted to set up and has more latency, than using Network MIDI, so I would advise against it.

Return to “Support”