Incorporate Pattern Arpeggiator from Pianist Pro

Request new Looptical features
Yendor

Incorporate Pattern Arpeggiator from Pianist Pro

Postby Yendor » 16 Feb 2014, 05:03

After you take a break from your excellent update, I would love to see your Pattern Arpeggiator from Pianist Pro incorporated into Looptical along with the following enhancements:

1. Allow User Patterns to be saved/recalled in a file structure
2. Allow both Left Hand/Right Hand to be defined by a split point on the virtual keyboard and/or an external keyboard. I don't believe the Left Hand works with an external keyboard on Pianist Pro.
3. Allow more chord variants, like fingers 1 and 3, 2 and 3, etc.
4. Allow the patch/arpeggio to be heard while making the pattern adjustments (maybe either with external keyboard, or a pattern hold.) I think this may be possible in Pianist Pro, but just in case!
5. Allow a variable length for the steps (e.g. instead of 32 notes, allow 8, etc.)

Thanks for considering!

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Re: Incorporate Pattern Arpeggiator from Pianist Pro

Postby MooCowMusic » 16 Feb 2014, 20:57

Good idea. I'd like to add some of that to Looptical. I quite liked it in Pianist pro that you could program the arpeggiator to play whole riffs with one finger. Obviously the problem is in cramming that into an iPhone screen. And I'm not totally ready to start adding iPad-only functionality yet.

Yendor

Re: Incorporate Pattern Arpeggiator from Pianist Pro

Postby Yendor » 21 Feb 2014, 02:08

Yeah, I didn't consider the screen size. Another consideration would be to add virtual midi in/out in both Looptical and Pianist Pro, but I believe that has been brought up before. And boy, I would love to see you add a split area to determine the left/right hand use for an external keyboard in Pianist Pro. It's great fun to play, but I think would be much better for me at least, with an external keyboard.

Thanks again for the response and listening!

Return to “Feature Requests”