Direct Monitoring Safety Setting for Audio Tracks

Request new Looptical features
beyond

Direct Monitoring Safety Setting for Audio Tracks

Postby beyond » 03 Feb 2014, 21:17

Hi Dev, great job on Looptical, love it! A feature suggestion/request:

a setting to make it that when you create or switch to an audio track, monitoring (active mic) starts as "off" so that if there's lots of room noise, etc, you don't get horrific levels of feedback into the headphones, which can be potentially damaging and painful to hearing.

Or as an alternate implementation (as "arm" buttons are kind of a pain as an added step when you just want to start recording an idea), create a default feature (that could be toggled off if desired) so that if you have the headphones cranked (like you were listening to a mix previously), if you activate an audio track, the volume on the headphones automatically cuts in half or maybe even a little lower, to prevent unanticipated feedback.

It would be great to have this kind of safeguard built in as a feature that could perhaps be toggled on and off if people don't want it, I know I got hit with feedback two or three times already today while working on various projects in the midst of a creative flurry when I wasn't paying attention to headphone volume as much as I would have liked to. :)

Thanks for the great app, loving it!

beyond

Re: Direct Monitoring Safety Setting for Audio Tracks

Postby beyond » 04 Feb 2014, 07:06

Nevermind, with the help of another user, I have been shown the monitor setting in the track settings -- thanks for thinking of this in advance!!

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Re: Direct Monitoring Safety Setting for Audio Tracks

Postby MooCowMusic » 09 Feb 2014, 13:37

The new iPad version has more screen space, so I stuck in an additional button on the Audio Recorder to turn the input off. Which is quicker to get to than turning monitoring off, and you have visual feedback to avoid puzzling over why you are hearing no sound (as I have done on many occasion in the past when testing!). The iPad version also combines the Audio Recorder and Audio Track screens which means you can see the waveform and scrub through it to find a bar.

Return to “Feature Requests”