[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
MooCowMusic Support Forum • Trance Gate Enhancement

Trance Gate Enhancement

Request new Looptical features
Yendor

Trance Gate Enhancement

Postby Yendor » 09 Dec 2013, 18:47

Would it or is it possible to enhance the trance gate to may it "playable"?

For example, instead of using or finding a pattern that works with your track, have a momentary button on the effect that when pressed, "gates" the audio on the track based on the pattern you press...it may also be cool to be able to quantize the presses as well.

Thanks!

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Re: Trance Gate Enhancement

Postby MooCowMusic » 10 Dec 2013, 20:45

So a bit like the Playable LFO on the filter? Yes, I imagine that would be possible. The only issue would be that right now there is just Up/Down buttons to select the pattern. What you require would need a whole load (40?) of buttons so you could quickly jump between then, as, in fact, the LFO Sync screen has. I'm not sure I really want a screen with 40 buttons, so I'll have to think about this one.

However, changes to the LFO Pattern are recorded in the song, so you can use the up and down arrows while recording to change it and therefore "play" it. You'll be limited to selecting patterns that are close to each other.

What you can also do with a bit of fiddling is play through the song (perhaps on a slow tempo), then quickly press Up a lot of times to change to a very different pattern, and then press record just before you press the last Up, which will record the pattern change as jumping from the original one straight to the new one.

Or what about having multiple gate effects in a row, and then record turning them on and off in sequence, for an interesting composite gate effect?

Yendor

Postby Yendor » 11 Dec 2013, 08:56

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking just one button that is like a momentary switch instead of a toggle that kills/mutes/gates the audio and is recordable. This could be used in place of the trance gate for your own effect, or add on top of a trance gate pattern. I'm not sure if the trance gate would be the best location...maybe on the gain effect as a mute/kill switch...

What I have in mind is more simplistic. Here are a couple of examples to illustrate what I have in mind:
Guitar kill switch (seen 50 seconds in):

Momentary mute seen on this app (seen 30 seconds in)

You can do the same with a recordable mute I guess, but like the idea of a momentary button.

Thanks for considering!

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Postby MooCowMusic » 12 Dec 2013, 16:59

There was another request for Mute to be recordable, which is on the ToDo list. I also like the idea of having that a momentary Mute rather than a toggle, for interesting DJ-style effects. I'll have to think about that. Maybe have an option somewhere to toggle Mute to be momentary, which is really only going to be useful in this situation, but saves me trying to add an extra mute button somewhere.
Alternatively have a recordable momentary Mute in the Gain effect, and also allow the toggle Mute to be recorded in the Mixer.
Not sure yet.
Good request though. Thanks.

Return to “Feature Requests”