Audiobus no sound from input

Ask for help with Looptical
pandora

Audiobus no sound from input

Postby pandora » 15 Feb 2015, 01:49

Hi

I am on an iPad air 2. When I use audiobus or iaa inputs I get no sounds from the inputs, and usually can't see the controls for play/record on the input screen. I can usually hear the input on my iphone 5s, although usually I can't see the pop up controls to record from it.

I have just bought Looptical and it is pure genius - such a refreshing approach, and so musical.

Is this a known bug with iOS 8 by ay chance? Can anyone comment on using this setup successfully with audiobus or iaa?

Thanks for any help.

pandora

Re: Audiobus no sound from input

Postby pandora » 24 Feb 2015, 09:58

Nobody? Not very impressed with the support system for this app, or the helpfulness of users! Ah well...

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Re: Audiobus no sound from input

Postby MooCowMusic » 26 Feb 2015, 10:27

Hello. Sorry for the delay, I must have missed your post somehow.

I can confirm that Looptical works fine with AudioBus and IAA on iOS8.

To triple check this, I just downloaded the latest Audiobus, and the latest Bebot (as a quick and easy AB input), then set up AB so that the input was Bebot and the output Looptical. Then I created a new project in Looptical, then added a new Audio Track, made sure that the Audio Recorder screen was showing, then switched to BeBot. The AB button bar appears (as expected). Tapped on Looptical and then Record. Waited for the initial 1 bar count-in, and played some notes. Recording is stopped after the end of the loop (default 1 bar) so I pressed Play and heard Looptical play back the BeBot notes. Going back to Looptical I can see the waveform on the audio track. I can also see the AB button bar on the Looptical screen.

I tested this on an iPad Mini 2 and an iPhone 5. Other versions of the iPad and the iPhone should behave identically.

If you cannot see the AB button bar appear in Looptical when you set Looptical as an output in AB then I would try reinstalling Looptical and AB. I have no idea other than that why AB would not be showing the controls in Looptical. I've never seen this in testing, and no one has reported a similar issue before.

Return to “Support”