[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MooCowMusic Support Forum • New major bugs in 1.1.1.

New major bugs in 1.1.1.

Report a bug
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Harisonzamperla
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New major bugs in 1.1.1.

Postby Harisonzamperla » 06 Mar 2014, 20:00

Hello I found several major bugs in the new version (I love the recording latency btw, it is excellent! Thank you).

However I found a serious bug that effectively permanently crashes looptical till u reinstall it and erases locked files!

If you go to project window create a new project open it and mess around then go back to the project window delete it and force close the program (press home twice and close) looptical auto saves to it the whatever is on the top of the list. Even if it's LOCKED file.

Then when I open the program sometimes I'm stuck on the locked project in the instrument window. Can't close cuz no instruments and can't add any cuz it's a locked file.

Here's the steps

1. Create a few locked projects
2. Create new project open it
3. Go back to project window and erase new project
4. Force close (home twice)
5. Start looptical

Maybe the auto save needs a condition check to make sure the file still exists and is the same one that's active.

-------//-///////

Also the ADSR on custom instruments seems broken. After creating the instrument when I try to mess with the sustain the sound gets distorted (like a fuzz pedal)

And when changing play style (say from glissando to note bend) I have to switch to different instrument and back to get it to apply. Seems to be the case with a few other instrument features that don't register until I switch to a different instrument and then switch back.

Hope you fix these

I love your program and highly recommend it to all my musician friends. This isn't a complaint email just trying to help you find the bugs

Good luck!

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Re: New major bugs in 1.1.1.

Postby MooCowMusic » 11 Mar 2014, 22:50

Hi. Sorry, still working on this. In the normal course of events you should never be able to create a project that is both locked and with no tracks, and indeed I can't reproduce that here. But you are correct that if this were to happen then it would cause problems, so I'm putting in various safeguards. There is a workaround using iFunBox to remove the offending project directly from the iPad, should anyone have this happen before I can get the fix live.

Harisonzamperla

Postby Harisonzamperla » 13 Mar 2014, 18:04

I'm also jailbroken (allows me to to more with file system) so I don't know if that affects this at all). I don't think it would change much since I haven't installed any system mods I just use it to be able to view the system with ifile. I'm using an ipod 5g

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Postby MooCowMusic » 14 Mar 2014, 14:16

The Jailbreak could potentially be causing the issue. In that modifications to the file system outside of the app would create an invalid state, and we also cannot test against Jailbroken devices to determine if any other modified aspect of the OS affects the app. Like most developers, we do not specifically test our apps on Jailbroken devices, and I'm sure you are fully aware that you Jailbreak at your own risk.
I'll continue to work on adding those safeguards, however, as I seems prudent.

Harisonzamperla

Postby Harisonzamperla » 14 Mar 2014, 18:50

I'm gonna test this on an Unjailbroken device and I'll let you know if I find anything. Thanks

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Postby MooCowMusic » 25 Mar 2014, 09:44

Any luck with testing on that non-Jailbroken device? Still can't reproduce that issue you had with locked projects.

I also can't reproduce the ADSR issue you mention. I've tried all sorts of settings with a user instrument and get no distortion. However, setting a long sustain will keep a note playing longer, and playing multiple loud notes at once will eventually overload the maximum signal and produce distortion, which might sound fuzzy. Could that be what you are hearing?

Harisonzamperla

Postby Harisonzamperla » 25 Mar 2014, 17:19

No because I can't make the ADSR fuzz go away once I touch the sustain setting even if I turn it down. I'm using an iPod touch 5g 7.0.4 jailbroken. Should I screen record the process? I could compress the file and email it to you.

MooCowMusic
Site Admin

Postby MooCowMusic » 31 Mar 2014, 15:17

OK. Email the instrument to me at mark@moocowmusic.com and I'll take a look.

Audiohub

Postby Audiohub » 24 Apr 2014, 07:13

I've created a custom Instrument comprised of various open and closed Hi Hat samples, and although I've set them all to Group 1, they aren't muting each other. The open hats ring out, and aren't cut off by the closed samples. Am I missing something, or is this a known bug?
Thanks!

Audiohub

Postby Audiohub » 24 Apr 2014, 08:24

I forgot to mention, this is on an IPad Air, 128gb with OS 7.1 with the 44.1k stereo samples assigned to the drum pads. Velocity works fine, but not Group Muting.

Return to “Bugs”